So, I’ve been adding minor improvements to The Menu Pile website here and there, and it’s starting to look a lot better than I had initially imagined it could have.
There’s been a fair bit of work done to the site that you can’t see, partly to make things work better or for future developments (watch this space!) but in terms of the things that you can see, here’s a short list of improvements to…
The listings page:
- Made the type of food tag stand out a little more, based on feedback from users. The blue makes this quite important element jump out of the black text.
- Added the ‘Collections’ tag – this means that you’re able to turn up and collect the food from them – some places do not offer collections, so this makes it more apparent.
- Added the ‘Home Deliveries’ tag, that shows whether a given restaurant is able to deliver food. As yet, we’re not showing where or how far they deliver, but this is it for the time-being.
- Add favourite/Remove favourite button has been fixed – this is available to logged-in users that allow a restaurant to appear on the Home screen, making it faster to get to regularly used menus.
The Home page:
- The Favourites section has been re-built, allowing for more, but concise, information about regularly used restaurants.
- Remove favourite button works properly now! There was a minor bug that prevented the removal of the Favourite from the list, but it’s been fixed now.
In all the changes seem quite natural and look as though they’re as they should be. I’m constantly looking-over the website but sometimes it’s easy to over-look something when you’re on the website a lot! But if you notice anything that’s not right, or could be improved, please let me know and I’ll look into it.